Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The sky is the thinest film of yoghurt

I looked up from a research paper and stood open mouthed pen hanging from my lips - the sky was the thinnest film of yoghurt. Spread nice and thin, lace like.

To most it seemed like an ominous reflection of the weather, but i was so taken up with it, my toes curled with delight. I sat down on the floor and continued to the amusement of everyone to stare up into the sky, for as far as the window and the sky would allow me to see, i couldn't see a fresh patch of blue, just a transluscent hint of it under the canopy of curd. IT was a yummy feeling.

i imagined reaching out to scoop some unto my finger and swallow the fluffy mix, i tried to think about why i was doing this. Y'see for the past week or so, i've been getting this weird hunch that the sky's been painting me a picture everytime i look at it. I've never seen the sky this way, ever. Trust me.

And then by dusk, the artwork dissipates into nothing, like it was never there. But it would have lingered for my benefit, a good 4 - 5 hours sustaining me for the worst part of the day.

Yesterday it had patterns, symmettrical in rows, different patterns, nothing the same, and what are the chances of seeing that for 4 hours? Impossible? Believe it.

On the weekend, i put my feet up on the big glass window at home, and suddenly waves of cloud filled my window, with curls, troughs and blinding flashes/sparks of light. It was beautiful.

Ideally, i'd like to believe it has something to do with my name. I recently read that a jewish belief is that your name is a powerful expression of who you are. It communicates a lot more than just a tag to be identified by. They believe strongly, as do i that the name finds you, and not the other way around.

My name was found on stormy skies, there was a raging flood, and the clouds loomed really close, my mother said. Megha - means rain clouds. Dark clouds.

I've known it to rain incessently when i'm extremely upset. Poof, summer turns to drenchville! Just like that. And so the clouds reach out once again, this time - it's different. Can't tell what, but will keep ya posted.

No comments: