Saturday, March 13, 2010

You who didn't, don't and won't bother.

Understanding what you do and why you do it, is very important. It determines how the entire effort turns out, it also determines whether you could do it over again, a sequel to excellence.

It's not easy when people don't appreciate what you do for them. When the grudgingly have to accept that you did a good job, because someone else was kind, nay, gracious enough to applaud your efforts against a lot of odds to come out and deliver something that despite every possibility of failing comes out trumps.

Say you've put in 100 per cent and then someone just for the sake of it decides, they'd like to rain on your parade - because they just couldn't spoil it for you while you were neck deep in shit anyway - to really make it sting by looking the other way, instead of having the balls to appreciate something well done.

What would you do? How would you take it?

Most often than not you would silently revel in the fact that you pulled it off, despite people hoping, praying that you would mess up. But you would also, feel incomplete? Yes?

A niggling, irritating feeling that it isn't complete unless this effort, this pure energy filled input is appreciated.


No?


Well, I had a bout of 15 minutes; where I felt so completely unappreciated.

I then sat and thought about it. I worked with different people, different back grounds, respected them, shared laughs, even common irritations. Had met and shared good moments, and experienced different people coming together out of mutual respect to help each other out and make it happen.

The ultimate result was better than expected and the response, better than what everyone thought it would be.

You know what? I didn't do it for anyone. I did it for me, and it was good.

When I do something...anything...I'll make sure I do it for me. Then it will matter and be appreciated. It doesn't matter if the end result benefits me directly or not.

I'd like to thank the persons who appreciated what I did. It made me feel good about myself and finally worked out for everyone in the end.

To those who didn't even bother...fadafishkyaooboink!

No comments: